New 2D/3D Design Tools and Improved AutoCAD and SketchUp File Compatibility
NOVATO, CA — 03/25/14
IMSI®/Design, the developer of the #1 best-selling CAD in retail, announced today the release of new TurboCAD Deluxe version 21.
“TurboCAD Deluxe continues to offer unmatched price, performance, and value as a leader in 2D/3D CAD for home and small business professionals,” stated Bob Mayer, COO of IMSI/Design.
TurboCAD Deluxe 21 new and improved features include:
- New Edit Tool option “Node Filter” lets users select a subset of nodes on objects with a large number of nodes to optimize performance and ease of use.
- New option “On/Off ‘Workplane by 3D object'” was added to the Edit Tool.
NEW DRAFTING AND DETAILING TOOLS
- New Arrow Tool rapidly draws line arrows with options to specify the head and tail.
- New Auto-Shapes allow users to quickly sketch out standard shapes (arc, line, box, etc.) and automatically create the precision shape.
- Improved Area Units discretely specify Area Units from Linear Units.
- New Custom Text Formatting for Dimensioning includes bolding, superscript, subscript, italics, support for multiple font scales, and multi-line.
- New Delta Distance and Delta Move Angle(s) allow users to move a selected object simply by specifying distance and a direction.
- New Rotate View with Viewport option synchronizes the rotation of viewports and views while retaining the possibility of discreet rotation.
- New Move Dimension Text adds flexibility by allowing users to edit dimension text from inside the dimension tool using the local menu.
- Improved AutoCAD® (DWG/DXF) read/write filters for 2013/2014 files.
- New SketchUp® (SKP) read/write filter based on new 2013 APIs.
Availability and Pricing
TurboCAD Deluxe 21 has a SRP of $129.99 and is now available. TurboCAD Designer 21, limited to the 2D features of TurboCAD, is also now available at $39.99.