MONTREAL, Canada, Mar 19, 2014
NexGen announced the release of HumanCAD-MQSW v1.5. HumanCAD-MQSW is a human modeling solution add-in for SolidWorks that creates a 3D digital human within the context of an assembly document. HumanCAD-MQSW aids in the design of products using SolidWorks by determining what humans of different sizes can reach. HumanCAD-MQSW is the latest product in their family of HumanCAD solutions which aid users with the design of products and workspaces.
The optional Comfort Zones Module includes the US Army 2010 ANSUR II anthropometric database (male and female) and color coded zones indicate the period for which a task can be accomplished safely within 2 hours.
Release 1.5 Features Include:
- Completely articulated body within human ranges of motion
- Libraries of pre-defined mannequin body and hand postures
- Real-time inverse kinematics (IK) and forward kinematics (FK)
- Reach-envelopes for hands and feet
- Shoulder comfort zones for workstation design (optional module)
- Multiple independent 3D views via SolidWorks tools
The first version of the ManneQuin/HumanCAD series of human modeling solutions was released in 1990 and our solutions have thousands of users worldwide. HumanCAD digital human modeling technology is an important tool in determining the human fit of products and workplaces before they are built. Leading manufacturing corporations, product design companies, government organizations, forensic consultants and universities have purchased our digital human modeling solutions.